First I got all the walls to the height I want.
Then I laid down acacia floors and some of the roofing for the first floor, which doubles as the floor for the next level.
And then I tried getting work done with the kitchen. It has too modern a feel, with the stone slabs. I'll have to stop by the local savannah and get some oak logs.
About that time I got kinda bored with the castle. Instead of letting my creative energies sputter out I laid down some basic parts for the chapel. Originally I wanted it to be two floors tall, but with a little thinking I got it to a comfortable size while being a single floor high.