Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Shutting Down

After 3 years and 9 months, Youssarian's Minecraft Adventures is officially coming to a conclusion. I know I declared an end to things over a year ago. This time I mean it. This blog has been a lot of fun to write, maintain, and experiment with. It's been a part of my life, sometimes big, sometimes small. But time has come to move on to new things.

I have three main reasons. First, I can't stay interested in Minecraft long enough to post consistently anymore. Things get grindy and boring awfully fast. My laptop doesn't handle the game well without Optifine, and goodness knows how long it'll be before Optifine is updated for 1.8. I wanted to have a weekly posting schedule but I just couldn't commit to it long run.

Second, I never did get a good reader base. As of the time I'm writing this post, Youssarian's Minecraft Adventures had just broken 48,000 page views. That's amazing! Coincidentally, this is to be the 200th post on the blog. I suppose this is all impressive to you, but in reality it just isn't much. The blog never quite got the active community I wanted it to have.

Third, I tried to make this into something of a freelance venture. I thought I might be able to monetize a little on the blog. However, that never took off.

I will not be deleting this blog, hopefully. I'll keep it here for the purposes of serving as an archive. If I ever do dip back into the world of blogging and community building, it will be on a different platform, such as WordPress, and in a very different way. Otherwise, I'll continue to play Minecraft casually, as I always have. I want to make ebooks of the tutorials I've written, perhaps you'll run across those and recall my blog.

Thanks for reading the blog! God bless, and happy Minecrafting.