Thursday, March 31, 2011

Minecraft World Expands

Today I spent some time exploring the Minecraft world, generating some new chunks and expanding its borders. I want the infant civilizations I'm making to be at least somewhat spread apart to simulate how things were in real life. I added maybe 6 megabytes of terrain, though, and it was spent mainly in the southwestern side of the map. Here's a link to an updated version of the map. You will notice a new nation's borders have appeared: Sunodomei. This is a play on Japanese words that mean Sand Nation. I got the idea from Sunogakure, from Naruto. I really should find other influences.

Part of me feels I need to take a small break from Minecraft, even if just for a few days. I seem to get on it so much in a day and do nothing except idle and fly around that I wonder if I'm wasting time. Then there's the sites related to it that I have got to be on once a day or more. And this blog. In any case, my posting rate on here seems to be about once every 5 days so a small break wouldn't affect this site too long.

Today was the release of Beta 1.4. I can't say anything about it yet because, well, I haven't updated to it yet. More info as it comes!