Monday, April 15, 2013

Yay, Progress!

I recorded most of the work I've done recently, so eventually I'll post a really crummy video of my progress to both here and my YouTube channel.

More details have been put on the villager tower. The walls of all the rooms are now completed, making 17 rooms total on the four levels. Half slabs have been added on the rims of the ceiling and fences put in place so any villagers walking on them don't fall to an untimely demise.


I finally got around to cobbling up the doors and trapping villagers inside the buildings. That way they shouldn't be killed by wandering zombies. Although I am concerned there might be incidents involving mobs spawning inside the houses - maybe I should light them up. One villager, a butcher, refused to find a house. Let's see how many nights it lasts out in the open.

Another Iron Golem spawned, which is pleasing.



Now I am putting in the jack-o-lantern lighting.



Still need to do something with those lighting glitches.

Underneath the village are some caves, but I noticed the minimap indicating a big crowd of mobs huddled in one place. I dug a little to see what all the fuss was about, and I'm pretty sure there is a zombie dungeon not too far down. If the endless stream of zombies is indicative of anything...


This might very well be a godsend for me. If there is in fact a spawner down there, I can speed up the process of making the village greatly by putting some water in place and making a piston-based crusher. Will need to check it out.