Friday, May 31, 2013

Plans

My mind is going in every direction in regards to the things I want to do in Minecraft right now. Here is the stuff I want to do. I may switch between projects or do more than one at a time if possible. Beware, long list awaits you.


  • Village project: I want to get a village big enough to spawn Iron Golems and make baby villagers.
    • Collect tons of resource.
      • Put two double chests and four single chests at the work site for the village.
      • Get a double chest's worth of oak logs.
      • Get a double chest's work of cobblestone.
      • Get a chest's worth of birch logs.
      • Get a chest's worth of jack o'lanterns.
      • Get a chest's worth of gravel
      • The other chest will be for iron ingots as well as storage for stone and iron tools used for making the village.
    • Build the villager tower
      • Pretty self-explanatory
    • Design the other parts of the village
      • Design the slums, which will simply consist of rectangle-shaped apartment buildings.
      • Design the mayoral building which has an office, treasury (for trading), and bedroom.
      • Design the church.
      • Design a small marketplace which might optionally be populated with villagers. I'll need to design it properly so that zombies can't get to them.
      • Design the movie theater
    • Start building
      • Fairly self-explanatory. I have an outline for what the village will look like. All I need to do is plant the buildings.
      • Carve out and place the gravel roads. This will help me remember where the buildings need to go.
  • Spider/Skeleton Grinder: This fun redstone build will rely on timers to accumulate and crush mobs that pop out of spawners. Good for getting their loot, which is always a necessity.
    • Figure out what the "skin" of the build will be, and stock up on those resources. Perhaps get a chest's worth of it?
    • Get a chest's worth of redstone dust.
    • Learn the mechanics of despawn timers, including how to start and reset them.
    • Build the contraption, including a ladder to the surface.
  • Get the optimally enchanted iron tools and armor: diamonds are quite rare on my world, from what I've experienced so far. I don't think I'd be able to justify using all diamond stuff with enchants.
    • Read on enchanting mechanics.
    • Find out what the optimal enchants for my toolset and armor is. My ideal set presently includes:
      • Pickaxe with Efficiency 3 and Unbreaking 4
      • Pickaxe with Silk Touch and any level of Efficiency and/or Unbreaking
      • Pickaxe with the highest possible fortune.
      • Axe with Efficiency 3 and Unbreaking 4
      • Shovel with same
      • Shovel with Silk Touch
      • Shove with Fortune (to get more flint from gravel)
      • Armor with full protection
      • Boots with Feather Falling IV
      • Helmet with some enchant that lets me breathe underwater.
      • Thorns on chestplate, perhaps?
    • Once I have the ideal enchants figured out, grind XP like it's nobody's business and enchant books.
    • Then enchant the tools. Preserve them by repairing using the anvil.
Then on my friend's private server I have plans to make an underground base, with an above ground entrance dedicated to aesthetics.

  • Underground base: Intended to be self-sufficient, based upon Nebris's base and Etho's single player underground base.
    • Stock up on resources (this may take a looooong time):
      • Double chest of cobblestone
      • Double chest of smooth stone
      • Double chest of stone brick
      • Double chest of dirt
      • Double chest of birch logs
      • Chest of redstone
      • Chest of spruce logs
      • Chest of oak logs
      • Need plenty of iron for tools
    • Plan the design for each room, then build, build, build!


Yeah, I'm good at making lists.