Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Village Tower Goes Boom

I needed to get rid of the villager tower because the land it was on was too low. For something meant to be the center of attention, it looked more like a mess. But you can have fun undoing stuff in Minecraft.



After the fun was over, it was time to remove what remained and start covering the hole with dirt. I'm not sure how wise it was to make the dirt different layers tall. If nothing else it makes it look slightly more natural. My dirt supply has been exhausted with this. I need to start a dirt farm in some nearby forest or something. Maybe one of the snowy biomes, since I never use those.







Last main change for the zombie grinder: I added a hidden crafting table for the occasional crafting need. This kind of thing is really interesting to me. Might have to implement it in future builds.


My method of game play has changed over the past couple days. I have Single Player Commands with WorldEdit, and that has a /tp command for teleporting. I normally have to walk or boat long distances and teleporting is so much faster, so I've begun using that for conviencence's sake. My personal rule is that I will only use that to move between waypoints, and I won't use the tp command to get out of danger. The only time I'll save myself with it is if the dead would be the result of the teleport - i.e., teleporting into a block.

I'm also giving myself use of the /fly command, only to be utilized for taking aerial pictures.